School Management System: Its impact and how to enable digital enablement in Schools and colleges.
Our client is a well reputed school in Nigeria with 2 different branches. With more than 1000 students combined in both the campuses and 200+ administrative and teaching staff. The school started an initiative to assist students get jobs ready by imparting domain/industry specific training. The academy has training courses in many industries like Retail, Healthcare, Information Technology, banking financial services etc.
The school aims to be one of the premier training institutes in Nigeria for beginners as well as for who enroll for courses.
The academy realized the need for an enterprise level software/application to manage its operations. They were keen to have a custom IT solution that would assist them manage their unique processes and project requirements.
Upon mapping their objectives the school started a due diligence process to identify the right vendor who could develop the application. The due diligence process lasted for weeks and Bitibe Technologies was chosen as the preferred vendor.
- Based on the decided objectives for the academy the management of the academy was keen to implement an IT solution that would assist them in areas like student administration, training processes, streamlining online examination process, course content management, testing processes, management reporting, program scheduling, center management etc.
- Some of the key objectives included streamlining the present processes, developing a custom access control mechanism, centralized course material management etc was a must.
- The academy was clear about the idea that a custom build management software addressing requirements would be an efficient solution in the long run considering the dynamic nature of their project, courses and programs.
- It was obvious that the academy was in need of a custom built application developed from scratch and that which would be scalable to their present and future requirements.
As we understand that no two schools are similar and considering the unique nature of the requirements Bitibe Technologies proposed a solution built on a platform that would support the client’s present and future requirements. After deep evaluation it was decided by Bitibe and agreed by the client that an open source based solution would best suit the requirement and meet the expectation of the client.
The software application includes the following modules :-
- Features: User management (including features and controls for admin, management, teacher, front desk and other stakeholders for the application)
- Online registration & admission
- Center management modules (Hierarchy – Based on zones, states, cities, center etc)
- Course management modules (training material uploaded and used across the two branches)
- Batch management (including registration, course management, program management, scheduling etc) Student management
- ID card and certificate printing.
- Online Examination
- Student information system
- Management reporting and much more
- The school management system is set with Modules for the Management, Faculty, Parents and Students. After implementing the School Management System a consistent and centralized process was followed throughout the dept.
- Due to streamlining the admission process a clear view on schools performance was retrieved, allowing schools to focus on key points and make necessary decisions.
- Improved Accuracy – Computing of all operations such as fees, salaries, marks, payments is possible. As a result, time and ultimately cost is saved allowing school to generate one click reports of all transactions monetary and non monetary.
- It also helped the school to bring down the different cost like installation, hardware purchase, communication, printing, and administration
- With the help of school management mobile app students can access the course curriculum, test series, lecture, important dates and attendance.