How viable is Implementing ERP in manufacturing industries? Best practices for choosing the right vendor.
An Enterprise resource planning system is a fully integrated business management software covering functional areas of an enterprise like Logistics, Production, Finance, Accounting and Human Resources. ERP is the process of integrating entire business functions and processes in an organization to attain various benefits.
In this case study we will highlight some of the key factors which were affecting one of our clients in the US with their ongoing production. Due to confidentiality issues we cannot share the details of the client. So here are some challenges and their business solution provided by Bitibe technologies pvt ltd.
RETURN ON INVESTMENT
- On-time delivery accuracy jumped from 50% to 90% in less than a year
- Reject rates plummeted from 30% to 2%
- Gained greater visibility and control over every aspect of quality
- Streamlined ISO 9001 & ISO 13485 Certification
- Achieved Lights-out manufacturing goal
- Scaled operations to support international growth
Our client was finding itself restrained by the inability of systems integrated across the company. Disconnected, multiple systems had become a bottleneck on every aspect of manufacturing and supplier operations, making it progressively more difficult to provide the responsiveness the company prides itself on. Most importantly, it was starting to slow down the company’s ability to grow as fast as it was capable of.
Here are some of the challenges faced by our client.
- Lack of visibility into production capacity to support new customer
- Difficulty scaling to support growing international sales.
- Time-consuming financial reporting.
- Challenges responding to quotes, promotions, and customer upsell and cross-sell opportunities
- Manual and time-consuming audit process
- Escalating Scrap costs
The CEO & the senior management team went to work defining an implementation plan with Bitibe and quickly began to see the difference in operations, quality and most of all, customer satisfaction.
Here’s what our client was able to accomplish:
- Quality Assurance and perform an audit anytime a customer or regulatory agency wants one as all data including product genealogy is available in our custom ERP solution.
- On-time deliveries happened 50% of the time with siloed systems that didn’t communicate, and with IQMS integrated across their operations.
- Improve selling efficiency by accelerating the quoting process, improving response times to international distributors and global customers
- Single click reports allowed our clients to gather information and make quick decision using the KPI’s
- Generate and assign tasks.
- Consolidate prospective clients and develop follow up strategies for conversion.